Powered by Blogger.

Healthy Living: Identifying the reason

Saturday, April 5, 2014


So, I'm still in the mist of studying and preparing for school. Things are crazy as always. I'm still trying to study for the MCAT. I know I have mentioned it since forever, but it is still in my life. This is because I have been very focus on school and not much on the MCAT for the last several months. But truely, this time, I'm really doing it..soon!

And so, I am here tonight to talk about another daunting situation. The reason of WHY medicine. So, the difficult question of the day is.. Why do you want to be a doctor? It is such a simple question. But the answer is not easily answerable.

I know what you are thinking, you are probably thinking "well, if you are planning to work so hard to become a doctor,  you better have a good reason to do so." The difficulties of this question lies not in the fact that there is not an answer. It difficulties lies on how to identify the "true reason" and telling your story.

For me, particularly, pinpoint the reason to why I want to become a physician is a difficult challenge. There are a lot of aspect to medicine I adore. I have gain some exposure to the career and these doctors. But to pinpoint the "big reason" and putting all of this togther to reflect who I am.. it is difficult. That eventually, I get lost in my stories and I don't know what is the true reason. I hope I'm not sounding crazy about this. It's quite challenging.

There is a reason why I'm doing what I do. There is a reason, it's just I can't see it clearly. Not yet. At least not tonight. But there is something I do know though. I don't have all explanation to answer why I want to be a doctor right now. But there is something in me, that tells me that this profession is something I want to invest my life in. It feels right.

Btw, do you like the painting? I don't know who painted it, its so beautiful. It fits well with this topic.


2 comments

  1. It does fit well -- mostly because to me, the rippling water is the future. You can't see it clearly, but your feet are definitely planted there. I don't think you have to have a 'reason' you want to be a doctor. You just have to know it's right. All of the rest are just words. Let your actions speak instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Jewlz! :) Your advice and comment is very insightful!

      Delete

 

About Me

My Photo
Hi! My name is Jenny. I am currently a college student. I am very very academic oriented. I want a career in the healthy care field one day! :)

Followers

Blogroll