Sunday, April 20, 2014

Healthy Living: The pain of a parent


Tonight is late, but I want to draw your attention to one of the current events. In the last few days, a korean ferry ship has sunk and trapping more than 250 students inside.

It's been nearly 4 days as parents, and relative wait for news of their children. I am young so I do not know what it is like to have a child. But my mom told me that the worst pain in the world is to bury your own child. To these parents, their hope continue to fade as the days go by. The heart wrenching stories of these children sending text to their mother and father as the ship goes down has left the whole South Korean country in agony. These stories has many time brought me to tears.


As parenst waited in the gymanisum waiting for news of their children. I feel like as the 5th day hit, we are only left to find bodies. To many who has given up faith, and bodies are now being retrieved. At this rate, I don't know what to hope for.  I just feel an incredible pain for their lost. I have been following this story for the last two days and its all I can think about.

I still have faith that there are those who are still alive. But the rate at which the rescue mission is coming, I do not think it is possible to reach anyone in time. But I will continue praying for these families that their children can safely return to them.

The pictures above is are pictures of the heroic divers who are risking their lives in the rough sea on this rescue mission. The second picture is the image of a mother waiting for her daughter or son. I can't help but feel that no amount of comfort can bring her peace at this time. I just hope that things will be okay for her and every parents in her situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment