Saturday, July 11, 2015
Healthy Living: Finding heart
This is the place that welcome me into the world. This is the home my parents stayed in for 8 whole years. This was the home that shelter me away from the hardship and starvation from vietnam. In this place, I was fortunate enough not to go hungry. My parents had a safe place to live and food provided for. This wasn't technically freedom, but it was a place where it was my first home.
I keep this picture on my mom's laptop to remind me of where I came from and the difficulties my family faced when I was growing up. I am both thankful for the kindness that allowed my family to stay in this refugee camp and gave me a safe space to spend my first few years into the world. I am also thankful that this home has eventually lead my family to America.
I am thankful for everything that has happen to me. I am going through a difficult time with the MCAT & Application processes. But this picture and memories like this keep me grounded and reminded me of how fortunate I am to be here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment