Friday, July 29, 2016
Healthy Living: Mouse Love Rice
Tonight, before going to bed, I played an old song on my phone. I wanted a style of music that could remind me of the old days. And so, as I browsed around on youtube, I found an old song--Mouse Love Rice.
It is a very old song. For me, I discovered it when I was 14. As I put that song over in the background of my phone, and as I slowly close my eyes, I felt like I have time traveled. I felt the years slipped away, and back to an innocent time in my life. A time before responsibily, a time before medicine, a time before premed, and a time before intense academic achievement. A time, when biology I was a just a kind stranger.
As I wist away into the past, the first thought that came into my mind was a sunny day during P.E in my freshman year of high school. I remember walking out of the locker room with my P.E clothes, and a guy friend of mine was making fun of me. He teasing me because I didn't know what was the current slang and bad words. I got mad and I teased him back with something elsed, and he blushed. Its funny, because we stayed friends for the next 8 years as we finished high school and graudated college together. He is currently in Pharmacy school now.
Also during that day, my close friend of mine was rushing me to class. It was a hot day, so I didn't want to change out of my PE clothes and go to class. Our honors biology class was very far away from the locker room, so I just ran to my bio class in my PE clothes. This friend of mine who rushed me, is currently in Dental School. We were close friends in high school, and even closer in college. One of my best buddies. We still keep in touch every 6 months.
And as I arrived to my biology class, I sat next to one of the smartest girl in our room. She was so clever and I had to constantly asked her for help. She was my lab partner for 9th grade biology. I honestly thought my lab partner could be anything in life and still succeed termondously. She is now an artist. It was her passion and love. She is quit successful now, and her art is already selling well when she was in undergrad.
And then, during that time, another classmate who sat facing me, she was the brightest girl in our school. Not only was she smart, but she was hardworking. The best of all combined. I wish I was like her sometime, and I have to admit I was always been her competitor in some way back then. She pointed me out one time that I was praying in my biology class before our exam. And indeed, I was praying, I wanted to do well and pass. This brilliant classmate of my graduated top of her class not only in High school but became Sum Cum Laude in university. She now go to a big name univeristy for pharmacy school.
And then, another buddy came by me at break. She was so tall, and she would teased me about my height. Gosh, I wished that I was as tall as her one day, but it never came true. Well, she later on became an artist, joined the miliatary, and now traveled the world with her services. She also gave a speech at the UN in NY once. Pretty cool really.
The list goes on and on... and so, my point here is not to brag about anything. It just crazy to see how amazing that many my buddies has really done something great with their lives. And I'm confident that this list is going to continue to grow from years to years to come.
10 years ago, my buddies and I were just kids. Barely having our first love or crush. And now, we are all doing something worthwhile with our lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment