To Study and How to Study:
So, I got my exams today. And I scored 2 standard deviation below my class average for anatomy. It stink and stuck like hell. I been studying day and night for the last few weeks and everything just fall into pieces. I am very and deeply troubled. I am actually scared if I will pass my class. But with that said, I think its time to reaccess what the hell is going on. I will actually present you a chart of my studying habits. I am frustrated, pissed, and dissapointed. But I realized that this is just the beginning. I didn't start out my freshman year and studying that same method toward my 4th year in undergrad.
I am fully aware of many many future dissapointment and failure and setback that will about to come with this journey. I know this is actually not the hardest days. There will be harder days that the future will bring.
So, lets me do some analysis and show you my result.
So, there is a lot of question marks in my studying style. From my findings, I realized that I missed several important thing. Some Core conception:
(1) Unable Recalling old lectures after 2-3 days
(2) No active "Testing" to review materials
(3) No Active Recall. No retrieving material without clues
(4) No Interval Revival: Did not access all the material until 2 days before exam, and left with a dozen of small little facts to remember.
** Some things can only brutely memorized. But if you can, understand the how & why. If you understand, you will remember 10x so much better.
These are something I really need to fix, or find some solution to.



No comments:
Post a Comment