Hi everyone,
I am always a fan of rules and guideline. So I thought of writing something down to help myself and maybe readers on their journey.
Today, I want to talk about the topic of Romantic Letting go. Likely many others, I found myself sad over another girl. This trend tend to be happening a lot of lately haha. But trust me, this is not my first disappointment and heart break. I caught feeling for a girl and she didn't think we would be a good match for each other. She let me down easily with the hope we could be friends. I wonder how much of that is truly true. I also wonder if one could even be friends after catching feelings. But I held onto the idea I could come back to be her friend some day. But my cousin told me otherwise that it just something people say to each other without making it look that this is the last time we would ever talk.
I ponder a lot about this. About coming back and introducing myself back into her life. But I think about my mom and dad's journey and experiences. If one of them actually look back at their ex's, I might not have been born. I believe they found much more happiness moving forward into the future than holding on the past. I also believe our memories can sometime lie to us. It might not have been as good as we remembered them. Either way, I feel that the past is lock solid. It is a set of well defined events and incident, a work of history. It is also a place that many people can get lost and lose their way. They hold onto tightly how beautiful things were. They hold onto power, property, and even people. But like history, it cannot be change, it can only be learned from.
Therefore, I truly believed one cannot be happy living and holding on to the past. To fix a relationship that is already end or bring a lover back when he/she has already left. To find happiness, one need to let the light in and change to take place. No good thing will come from rereading the chapters that we have lived and buried. I truly believed life is very short in many ways, and so with the limited time we have left on this planet, wouldn't it be better to allow changes to take it course?
Could it be that we tend to look so longingly toward the past because we have nothing to look forward to? Then maybe then the correct choice is to give everything to the present so that way we can generate a future we can hoped for and far more engaging. I believed the reason why we should let go of the past is that the present has so much more to offer.
I always have trouble moving on and letting go of things. It might be a component of my tenacious/never give up personality. But I am slowly learning that there are things out of my control and that sometime it is better for me to allow changes to take it course.
I will go on new dates, with cute girls, and learn a lot about other people. I should give myself the opportunity to miss someone else.
Like one of the great philosopher, "Beautiful days does not come to you. You must walk towards them."- Rumi

No comments:
Post a Comment