Thursday, March 5, 2015

Healthy Living: A quick one


This is an usually thing to say today. I originally planned write a little excerpt about my day. But, I this will be a different change of pace.

I came across an article today about North Korea. This is a recent picture taken in north korea. It suprises me at first because of the farm equipment the man is using and the fact that the women is riding a bicycle.

It struck me at first because I thought "who uses bicycle anymore?" Please don't get me wrong, I have been to Vietnam, which is still consider to a poor asian nation, and even then people are using motorcylce. Bicycle has been outdate even in poor asian nation for nearly 10-15 years already. But the fact that this women uses it, (and what it seems like a majority of north korean still uses it) shocks me a little. It peaks volumes of the underdeveloped nation and how the people are very restrictive in term of technology over there.

I don't know, it sadden me a bit. I hope the north Korea government may change it policy soon and allow for modern development. I want to see these people lives improve. I want to see growth & development in this country. I want their government to open up their doors and allows for their people with greater freedom to pursue their interest and make a better living.



These pictures struck a little string in my heart because my parents came from a very poor family. My family was not well-off. Twenty years ago, my mom was no more than this lady in the picture. My dad was work on a farm like this man in the background. This is why these picture made it so personal to me. I did not live during my parents time period, but I knew it was hard for my mom and dad. So, I really hope that things change for these people.

No comments:

Post a Comment