Dear Katie,
You left early. We were supposed to see each other this December. Angela and Shanon said they will come visit you too. I was going to bring you flowers and food. You are such a foodie! You left too soon, old friend.
But I know you had to go. You didn't leave too early, you left on time. You have been suffering this whole year. I watched you coped with your own death and passing. You spoke with wisdom, grace, and acceptance.
You already know how much you meant to me. I am glad I had a chance to remind you of the kindness you shown me in this lifetime. You drove to my house ever Thursday to drag me to the gym during my depression prior to medical school. You bought me those workout clothes for christmas so that why I could workout more. I still have them. You celebrated with me when I got my first acceptance letter to medical school. You were there for me when I was no one. You believed in me when I didn't see it in myself.
Who knew our 20 years of friendship had ended so abruptly. With help from close friends, I learned to cope with your passing. I believed you have done all the things you needed to do, and its time you transition to the next step. I don't believe our friendship will ever end. I will see you again someday, old friend. I promised to tell you all the of my adventures! And you have to tell me all the things you encounters, things that my mind has yet comprehend.
The kindness and friendship you have given me will always stay in my heart and memory.

No comments:
Post a Comment