Saturday, September 15, 2012

Healthy Living : Coming of Age


Well, despite everything that happened this summer. I realized that something in me has changed this summer or "renewed". It's my sense of responsibility and the task that I need to do for my future ahead. I never really thought of this, but a conversation with an old friend yesterday, have startle me at something.

I asked her what she like more: high school or College. And she said highschool. IT's odd. Because, usually, people say that they prefer college a lot more because of the excess freedom. But my friend actually put that college is harder because it requires more responsiblity and task.
Unlike me, who freeload off my parents for many things, she have to actaully work to helped her parents pay the house mortage, gas to drive, food on the table, clothes to wear, electricity bills, water bills, and etc. All this sound foreign to me because I never really thought about it. I never really did. Because I never lived like that before. My responsiblity from high school to college only changed by the fact that I need to drive myself to school. But everything else, is just the same.

Now, I realized that I do have a lot more responsibility. I'm not 15 anymore where the worst thing in the world is that i got into a fight with my best friend. Now, I have to really think about my future and the life I want to lead.

I know for career wise, I am very interested in medicine and I'm trying to head down that career. But I haven't been investing. I need to start being more financially accountable for all my spending and keep record of my monthly budgets. I can't freeload off my parents forever. I need to get my academic grades together, study for MCAT, and also get my hospital volunteers hours in, research project published and presented, as well as getting letters for my MCAT school.

I also want some mentors. People who I looked up too, and people who I can come in talk to. I want to get to know more professors at school and really be more involved in clubs. I need to start holding office positions in club as well developing better study strategies skills. Oh, AND I NEED TO WATCH MY WEIGHT. GOSH -___- I kinda mess up in that department for awhile now. Let's hope I get my ducks all align.

I hope I can make this work. It's seeem like a laundry list from here and I'm nto quite sure how I'm going to get all of this done.


I need to start understanding the basic of  "INVESTING"
FINANCIAL WALL:
1. http://www.schaefersblog.com/
2. http://www.schaefersblog.com/3-investment-principles-every-young-person-should-know-1-time-value-of-money/
3. http://www.schaefersblog.com/3-investment-principles-every-young-person-should-know-2-pay-yourself-first/
4. http://www.schaefersblog.com/3-investment-principles-every-young-person-should-know-3-dollar-cost-averaging/

5. STUDYINGHACK: http://calnewport.com/blog/

here are some TIPS:

1.  Stay true to who you are and your values as it will be a compass.
If anything, your early 20s has probably challenged your beliefs & values as you’ve either ventured off to college or into the real world. Stay true to your beliefs and values  because it is a part of who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment