Thursday, September 20, 2012

Healthy Living: Talk to a mother


Today, I went to temple with my mom. We do so almost every night during the summer. Temple is a great release placed for my mom and it's a great place for me to brushed up on my vietnamese. I am capable of reading and understanding vietnamese all because of temple.

I wasn't going to write this blog today, but I wanted to mention something.

I remember during those dark time in my life, there are moments where I thought of sucicided. I would never let those through go on long, but I would be lying if they didn't pop up during those times. I know it's completely stupid to even think of something like that.

So, anyway, I saw a women in temple today. She is about my mom age, and she was putting away some books to the shelfs. I came to give her a hand, by telling her to give me all her books. I can carry her books to the shelves myself. She look at me for a second, and then she said it's okay. She said it might be heavy on me.

Afterward, she came and talk to my mom. I looked at her and I remember my mom used to tell me a story about one of her friend from temple. This women have lost her daughter who happen to be a couple years older than me. And for some reason, when that women looked at me today, I cannot but help but think that she have thought of her lost daughter. It's moments like this were this whole "sucided" thing came to mind.

I think one of the hardest thing in this world is a mother having to bury her own children. The pain must be unbearable. It's moments like this today, when she gazed at me, that she might have remember her daughter. And for that second, nothing hurts more to her in this world, to know that she have lost her eldest daughter. I cannot say anything because I'm simply a bystander.

But I cannot ever let that happen to my mom. I will not put my parents in that ordeal or experience. I need to take good care of myself, so my parents won't ever experience such pain. I owe it to parents to work hard and do well in school. I owe to my parents for the life I live today and all the blessing they have grant me. I won't ever think of something as stupid as suicide every again. My parents only have me. If something happen to me, I don't know what would happen to my parents. Therefore, I need to take good care of myself.

So, like they say, if you ever think of killing yourself. Talk to a mother who lost her daughter. Talk to parents who lost their only child. To them, their children is their lives, and if anything were to happen to their children, it would be like the world have ended for them. Thus, I think everyone and including myself, need to keep this in mind. 


1 comment:

  1. Great post. I think a lot of people don't think of it from that angle or they think no one will care. Glad to see that you've thought of it! I don't think there is anyone out there who hasn't had it cross their mind at least once. The difference is, you thought of other things, too! Hope you're doing well and sorry I haven't been on much. Going to try to post soon. :)

    ReplyDelete