Sunday, May 15, 2016

Healthy Living: The Symposium




I checked out the Undergraduate research symposium at my school today. It brought back a lot of memories. I have been there 3 years ago to present my research. Today I came back again to present another side of my research with another group. Being there, I saw a lot of young kids. I'm sure they are not that young, but pretty young. I feel like a stranger in a way. Hahaha, but not really.

In a way, it felt warm and nice to be back. There is definitely a scent of nostalgia. In a way, I kinda missed my college crush. She is not here anymore, but there are things that still reminded me of her and where I used to study. One of my friends took me to a booth where we listen to a girl lecture about ophthalmology and the cell in the eyes. I think they might be studying with rabbits or something. I don't know, the lecture reminded me of her a bit. She used to work in an ophthalmology lab with rabbits. For some reason, I missed her. I missed her a lot. But like anything else, I don't want her back in my life. I have enough of her for one lifetime. And I'm sure she is out doing some interesting thing with her life so its better we not cross. And in a way, I feel like I wante to move forward with my life.

And while in the symposium, I ran into an old student who used to look up to me in when she was in high school. She is an adorable little girl. She is brilliant and very smart and I know her future is bright. She a 3rd year now so wow, time really fly. I got to listen in on her research and it was a noteworthy experience. I also ran into an old friend. He's also a college mate. He's a year older than me, but he's applying to medical school similar to me. I wonder where is he is heading next. He's always an interesting little guy.



Thus, back to me at that symposium. I loved to be back at my school. Some thing changed, but some things also remain the same. I have to admit, I am a lot gayer than I was prior to graduating. There was a lot of cute girls there today at the research fair. But hey, nobody said I can't admire some people while doing business stuff! ;)

Either way, the symposium was very fun. I walked around with my friend to listen in on posters. Then, I took a group picture of my research crew. Its exciting to be part of a research crew. I never really get to do that much in college, so to be in this stage was amazingly fun! I felt like part of a group, part of a family.

To wrapped, I hold a deep feeling in my heart that my undergrad school love me a lot. It has given me so much and taught me so much. My allegiance is to this school that I am forever in debt. And as I drove my car out of the parking structure, I looked at the student center for the last time. (I know its not the last time because I'm sure I'll be there for my future work) But driving out of the student center today, I can't help but wonder if this would be my last last time for me to see the student center. All I know is that, I'm still waiting for my school. I leave the rest to fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment